Tuesday 27 December 2016

Christmas & other things


Blessed Christmas!


Woke up to the sad news of the demise of George Michael.
But nevertheless, it certainly has been a good stretch of days over this festive weekend. After fretting over (just a little bit,really) the food prep (maybe 15%) and the guitar playing (okay, tbh close to 51%) on Saturday, praise be to God for the guiding hand and lifting of spirit. I suppose it was a splendid night, and as it was apparent with most of the food being polished off their plates.

Saturday started with rendering the video for the night; and raced off to hunt for some disposable plates (Mom can't seem to find the party-wares somehow) but we found sets of nifty looking plastic wares at the 2 Ringgit store. With just over afternoon, I decided to send the car to wash, fueled up and also a much-belated haircut, although not in that particular order. Got home with enough time for a good shower before starting my prep. Pretty good our workflow that day; I finished my 2 dishes and Mom was practically finished by the time Harry and I left bout 6ish; picking up the 2 brothers a coupla streets away.
Must've been eons since I last wore a necktie, proper knot and all. Reached TBC with a solid hour to spare; which was a timely thing for me to have my last rehearsal and regaining some confidence I might say.
I suppose I did okay, a few instances of wrong chords were struck and coupled with a few louder bangs of those that I could play decently. As the night wore on, confidence grew of course, and I didn't have to refer back to my 'notes' (or even write on my arm as I half-planned to)
By the 4th house it was already 10pm; (and way past Dad's bedtime) and we braved the night's light drizzle of rain while I placed the call to Mom to get her big-sized helper to plate the dishes etc.



All in all the guests gleaned off the food, and surprisingly the salad was the first to go 86 and we cleaned up by midnight and slept like a log.
Funny thing is, my Christmas 2016 video (that costs 2GB of my limited space these days) didn't get used to its' potential, oh well. :D

Woke up early and went to TBC for service, which doubles as a baptismal, which is also Harry's big day!



I suppose I was pretty exhausted, and with DiGi's coverage being a pain during every festivities, it certainly didn't help with my finishing up my greeting e-cards, (and its subsequent Christmas wishes on social media) I kinda spent the rest of my Christmas with the cat and reading this week's cat comics and er, some Futurama (to clear some disk space; since I have duplicates lying about)
Some of my eventual e-cards that I made, and oh yeah, the recipe!
Thanks DiGi, I'll make my amendments

le Originale

ok, this is 98% Canva
The other one for the other account