Tuesday 21 June 2016

Frankie The Fish in Kevin's Stuffed Chili Fish in Banana Leaf & Kalamansi

Hmm, not much from Dad on tonight's dinner. I know I got his type of rice (soft & sticky rather than our preferred fluffy pieces) and I finally did FISH for them, well yeah, the previous few months back I did a type of pan-seared fish though that doesn't count since there ain't rice around to go with it.
It must be a wee bit spicy for their current palate, but he was surprised with the tofu under them eggs I suppose. Mum loved the fish (yay!) but then again, it could've been because they haven't been getting fish anyway and suddenly the surprise dish tonight is fish, and a pretty friggin' fresh plump handsome fishy adds the brownie points. A handsome looking fish like this guy:
"D'ya think I'm sexy?" ~ Frankie The Fish
Kevin's Stuffed Chili Fish in Banana Leaf and Kalamansi
Chili Marinade
some Chili; Paste or Ground
2 nos Kaffir Lime Leaf: julienned
2 nos Kalamansi; juiced

Method
1. Clean fish, slice length-wise incision to either side along the bone
2. Lightly rub salt the fish, and insert the chili marinade onto the fish
3. Slide the fish onto oiled fry-pan over medium heat
4. 3-4 minutes each side (or the skin looks good) and turn the first side again but cook it on top of a banana leaf. Cover for 1-2 minutes. Repeat the other side
5. By now the wafts of banana leaf smoke should greet you so it is time to plate and serve.

I have no idea what exactly is this type of fish. At least in English or Malay name. Tenggiri, I suppose? In local Hokkien, it goes by "Ngeh Buey" I suppose it might've translated roughly to Erected Tail lmao. Maybe.

Anyway, I complemented tonight's fare with Steamed Egg Pork Tofu & Fried "Heavenly 4 Kings" Substituted-With-Red-Prince-Because-Of-Bottle-King-Serving-Suspension.
ravenous & hunger-induced shakiness to snap such a badly framed shot
Gah, this takes forever to upload.
Okay I am justifying not to edit these pics before-hand. 
Guess I might as well watch Finn & Glenn Rhee in Voltron : Legendary Defender instead.