Tuesday 21 June 2016

Mijn Vader

2 days post Father's Day post. I suppose I was basking in the modest praises heaped upon my little project for the church rather than being too caught up with cumbersome rest from the late nights of Euro 2016 (since I didn't exactly watch every single match anyway) but I suppose I spent a wee few minutes on yesterday's much-deserved episode of Game Of Thrones (S06E09) and its aftermath of re-watching that friggin' awesome Battle of the Bastards.

Anyhow, my Dad.
These 5-6 months back home (and the 3 nights or so last year with just me and him in the hospital) I suppose we've having a definitive father and son moment, and I've gotten to know him better. In the past it was as normal as a plant to soil (not as a plant and its' branches/or fruits as a much normal and verbal family) as my Dad is pretty much an old fashioned China-man (incidently since he is actually a first generation Malaysian, and his father was those typical hard-earning no-nonsense silent and devoid of showing love -type of fathers. (I reckon it should be that way in the past, not everyone is as charismatic in openly declaring your 'i-love-you-son's then)
In his life's journey, with him being a pastor about 2 decades ago; he has been gradually changing for the better although I suppose that genetic code is pretty embedded (and I could bet my bottom ringgit, as mess-upped I am, that few lines of fatherly coding should still find its way in me too) in him that we don't get it in words. Not that it matter though, we know he loves us and we know he accepts us (better) for what we are.

I couldn't bring myself to say it too. It is never easy. I practically hid my feelings and I must've mumbled my 'HappyFathersDay' when my montage video ended. And I detected a much-late response when his old/ younger days picture showed up. Even then, I couldn't balls-up to ask someone to take a picture of us both. (coincidentally, as I sifted through all those photographs, there were practically zero of Father & grownup Son 1 or 2) Of course it took me down memory lane 2 rounds in 2 months in compiling Heidi's montage and this; on some pictures of vague memory, some of unknown discovery of things were in the past before I came around, and a few gems that I certainly am too young to remember.
should I crop this pic of Dad & Prune Face as my profile pic?

[url for the video]

took longer than I thought, better be off to do tonight's dinner first.

2016 Father's Day @ Taiping Baptist Church