Thursday 16 June 2016

Our Euro 2016

Mom could walk better, now.
Started to use the walker lesser and lesser, today was perhaps maybe 2-3 short instances she was with aid, and she did a round in the garden so I guess it's a win, and it is a fried noodles (and fried rice for the night) day indeed; I suppose today is good, and now I've a 15-mins window to blog before tucking her to bed and heading to the mamak in time for the kickoff.

I am looking forward to my first Euro '16 match; I know I know, this is Match Day Number I-Don't-Know but I've periodically kept in tune to the scores whenever I could these few days. What with looking after Mum, fretting over what to cook, and reading King's IT (yeah, I realize I never did got around to reading it) and with the ungodly-hour I reckon I wouldn't be catching that many live games this round. I suppose with this being the first footy major event since Heidi's gone, both my brother and I, we weren't that fired up for it. In the past we were pretty mad-ferrit indeed, I mean, she was the one that'll do the prep work and stuff (trivias, who's who, match schedule posters from the kopitiams, etc) and we'd just pop by the house for the game.

Anyhow, I'm leaving 2 pieces of article (or was it tweets) that I saved off from England's first game the other day; cause it is just dead funny.
Can't credit the sources though, can't remember where I read those from.

"And then there is the England captain Wayne Rooney. If ever there was a set of team-mates who could actually stop him from trying to do too many jobs at once and royally mess them all up, it's his current England ones. He'll have energy in abundance around him and a tidy, no-nonsense operator behind him in Eric Dier. He shouldn't have to clomp around all over the shop trying to put out fires. If he sets himself a limit of crossfield balls and simplifies his passing game he has the ability to stitch things together in midfield perfectly well. But then he may just hear the first whistle, sniff the night air, howl at the moon and go mad."

and the absolute gem after the game:
81 min : The decision to put (Harry) Kane on corners does seem a bit like an ageing guitar band doing a synth album to try to make themselves look cool when they should just stick with guitars. Pretty much summarizes the last wasted decade for Radiohead," writes Liam Murray. How dare you Liam. England are controlling the game well enough since the goal.....Kane is fouled by Glushakov. Kane to take the free-kick. Dier wanders over and whispers something to him. Presumably " I should be taking this. You're not fucking Gareth Bale"

the wonders.