Monday 27 February 2017

Powerless; the surprise package


I am pretty behind on my series these days; and I am very sure I will be further behind in the months to come. At times I do question myself am I really watching a wee bit too much TV series?
No, I am dead certain I am not even close to borderline TV addict, but no doubt, I kinda follow a mean (and ever expanding) list of series. Technically week-in week-out, but it doesn't necessary means I am spending an obscene amount of time watching it (and certainly not like any real addicts who sits in front of the idiotbox day-in/out) as I tend to watch only when time permits. In which whenever I do, it was in time : short period to a maximum of say 4, standard episodes (standard I suppose are those above 40 mins under 50 mins episodics)
Even binge-worthy flicks from Netflix; took me about 3-4 days I suppose in the case of the pilot season of Stranger Things & Luke Cage last year. (Ok I admit, both Season 2's of Narcos & Daredevil took 2 nights I think, but those were start of the year; when I was still transitioning from the old life)

Anyhow, towards the end of last year, I've started to relegate a few of those weeklies to my Watch When You Are Free / Season Is Complete as my-then pull list was bulging (I suppose) and yeah, I managed to catch up to all of it by the years' last quarter when most shows were on break (sort of)
With the start of the new season and the subsequent new series this year, I've somehow segregated a few more from Top Priority Watch Today Tonight  list to the previous folder; on a weekly basis.
Of course, with the recent culling of my duplicates* , I've been pretty careful with my management of these files and somehow slows down my "Movie/Series Time".
This week itself I've started to put all 4 of the CW-verse shows in the Not So Top Priority list, and my mental note is getting confused of sorts on where my "Previously, on...." is, too.
This list has expanded, in part being prudent with my daily data usage (ok, I am trying) and thanks to my self-imposed discipline (whoa? surprise!) of not watching anything during the day nada yada; and somehow it covered shows like The Flash especially; since it is no longer sits on top of my weekly pull.

As it stands : Series for Jan & Feb 2017
Watch When You Are Really Free
Gotham : continuing the trend from previous season of catching half seasons whenever accumulated.
Lucifer : ditto
Quantico : same
*MacGyver : its ugh, predictable, but I suppose an alright watch when absolutely nothing better to do
Ash vs Evil Dead : hah! completely forgotten about this, oh well, next up, I guess

Not So Top Priority 
The 100 : always with the cliffhangers, so I tend to collect at least 2 episodes before a single go
Blindspot
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD : dropped down here ever since the winter break sans Ghostrider
Supergirl : Massive improvement and could've gone up to the top tiered list, if not for my status quo
The Flash : hits a new low this time around, I still enjoy it I mean, but...
DC's Legends of Tomorrow : much better too
Arrow : I kinda prefer this for the first time ever since their shows multiplied
*Legion : okay to be fair I meant to save it for the right mood per se
*Riverdale : this technically is on the other list, but it tends to be available much later in the day, so it inevitably falls under this category, and yeah it actually shouldn't be that highly ranked anyway with its same-y formula of teen over-the-top drama and archaic stereotypes (moody teen, queen bees, bitchy over-achievers, everyone has a secret)... but it is based off the much-loved Archies world, so...yeah.

Top Priority Watch Today Tonight
*Powerless : yes, the surprise of the lot. I mean I am surprised that I found myself looking forward to it. Given that it is only on its 4th episode, and with a much annoying mold of comedy stereotypical supporting casts, this show shines to me as it is funny, at least as a parody of sorts and a much needed change (for me) since I've stopped catching up on 2 Broke Girls and err Fresh Off The Boat (is this still on?)
Nevertheless, Alan Tudyk is really the backbone of this show (like how important his K2SO was in Rogue One, as the comedic relief imho)
The Walking Dead : usual suspect

*denotes new series

Granted, the ones that are on those spots (heeey, I still occasionally watch something during the day when I am not out / and the internet is down somehow, or whenever I could go without a nap) are replaced by both new series.

Man, I am watching a wee too many things somehow eh?
oh there's another list or two:

Good thing these are on season breaks / and comingsoons, phew!
Limitless
iZombie
Vikings just finished alrighty!
Shannara Chronicles
Fear The Walking Dead
Preacher
Into The Badlands
Sense8
Stranger Things
Westworld
Iron Fist & The Defenders yay!
American Gods
and of course, Game of Thrones

Animated Series, Kevin
Archer
Adventure Time
One Punch Man & Voltron (gah, I missed the 2nd season!)
Ultimate Spider-Man
The Venture Bros

Overkill, when you add up the movie flicks, and weekly comics.
As I am looking at this nonsensical list, perhaps it was all a manner of keeping up with my torrents. Yeah, a hoarder is always a hoarder.



p/s Yay, EFL Cup Champions! Glory Glory!