Wednesday 3 May 2017

That Birthday Last Week

As I keep postponing the darn post; it seems inevitably heading towards The Abyss of Nearly-Written & Half-Misses, thus lo and behold, it has already been 1 week since my birthday. Part of the reason was I subconsciously was pushing the actual deed of (waving the white flag and) shaving off all manner of facial hair silky smooth down the southern hemisphere of my face as I was going for a Before & After pic, then. But alas I've kept myself overtly busy the past week or so, and as evidenced with my dismal return on this weblog (sporadically declined as much as I'd wanted to keep my entries fresh and varied) I've been away from re-activating these tabs (yes I keep both tabs from both accounts running suspended via The Great Suspender)

And as I've recently deduced, I have actually grown less 'addicted' to the things I like to do. I mean I still like doing it, but not so much these days, as I realized (and adamantly insisted) I am never addicted to these things, it is something I like to do, (of course, I'd rate The Hoarding bit as more of a bondage, compared to my actual interests heh!) and somehow these days are practically Strange Magic to me as I am happier to not indulge so much in my favorite past-times. Brainwashed, you might say? No! Not at all. It just doesn't fulfill me that much, really. Sure, at times I'd be so into it, but as it wore on, I hardly recollect much of it in my thoughts. I mean, I still do it because I am used to it / like it (and probably rave about it) , but it doesn't occupy much of time there after (unless those hoarded items..)
Case in point is Guardians of The Galaxy, Volume 2. Sure, I love the heck of the movie and the Awesome Mix #2, and I even went and watch it on the first day. Would I watch it again? (perhaps, but not really because of my current state) I still talk about it, however I need a moment longer to process how was it (thank God I have a good memory of how'd the movie go) and that's it.
Now on to the myriad of TV Series that I follow, I kinda like keep 'em around (as I told a friend, it seems as if I am stashing 'em for rainy days) and as I recalled from my earlier post/list, I am pretty sure most of it has dropped down the level of importance/must-watch-ness. Sure, the eagerly awaited American Gods is the exception (but hey, it was the pilot last week, so give it time before I drop it a peg or two) and it is brilliant btw.

So what exactly has happened to me?
Something good indeed.
I am sure.

There's a reason He called me back to Taiping, and as time goes, pieces of His plans are comprehensible to me.
Well, I've to keep this re-write short I suppose.
Until then, happy belated birthday to me,

30+ years in Taiping and I never knew of this shop. Awesome halal signature side-dish. Man!

Week of blessings continued. Made a 2nd batch of Pasta with Sausages (as I warmed to the idea it is ok to copout and do Pasta with Sausages) and bless'd a brother before his journey. I fed him good !!

Gay doesn't it? Caught up with a dear old BFF for a good 3 hours over 2 lattes.