Monday 4 April 2011

DeadMice

From the lion's den to the tiger's mouth.
Our final 2 mice from the other day, in which we'd decided to try and breed them; hence naming them Jack & Jill (previous doomed lovers were aptly named Hansel & Gretel by her) , of all days we decided to move them off the makeshift box home of theirs to the old hamster cage. Mind you, its kinda like those proper cage with full specs; wheel, tubes plus an odd blossomed dildo-looking mushroom for a water dispenser.
Pauline actually cleaned the cage and laid fresh newspaper as bedding, etc. Of course, I being incy-wincy with the rodent (tail and fur and probable mini bites) gave my moral support by peering by the side and held a tiny container to temporarily 'hold' them in place before transferring them to the new home.

We left them in the other room; perhaps to not agitate Floppy when we're away. Will post the picture of all 3 of them later afterwards.
So off we went for dinner and usual stuff at the mamak.
I managed to wiki some infos about mice; reproduction and all the jazz.




Got home and put her to bed, and I just happen to have this sudden crave for local burger. Cycled through my choices in my mind's eye for either Burger Daging Biasa or Burger Campur if I ain't mistaken then.
Cut long story short - burger.van.close.cos.of.sunday.instead.had.maggi.goreng.and.it.kinda.suck.and.so
I got back home about 5-ish, first thing I realized was Bagero (I named that freakin' intrusive short-tailed new tenant of a cat) camping at the top of the stairs and giving me his usual trademarked stare. And he didn't budge!
Of course I just made my up the stairs, half-wondering how come he's so high up here, rather than his spot downstairs by the sofa that he had conveniently marked. With gusto, our little friend descend past me with a good stride whilst keeping his head cocked to me. Minutely in my head I was telling him that he is not even in any league close to the cuteness of Mr. Burns from Creepy Creatures in Summit USJ (Mental note : to go see Mr. Burns soon and snap some pics)
And when I place my last step on the final rung that's when I realized the reason Bagero was there for a reason. The cage was down on the floor and opened. No trace of the lovebird hopefuls.

Yes, as of this morning when we left the house there was no sign nor sound.
Pretty much thats it.
From the lion's den to the tiger's mouth. or rather from the snake's jaw to the cat's tummy.