Friday 14 April 2017

A Chance Meeting

yep. 1998, dang!
And thus so, continuing from yesterday's (Yes, I am!) missing elephant in the room, the other significant event that transpired last month was somehow a reunion of sorts; well, to be fair, it should be the *actual start of the reunion of sorts and of new beginnings.
Where do I begin with? It certainly is a mix bag of emotions and I'd really say this has been one of the most connected I am with my/this adopted town of Taiping.

These series of events started on one of the Sunday Service, (too lazy to get the exact dates, I mean, come on) it was a pretty cold and frosty morning I suppose as I pulled on a sweater and drove towards the gray skied path towards the hill. Hmm, wrong, that wasn't the day, I am confusing it up.
Anyhow, ah, yeah, I dug out one of my favorite shirts (which I haven't worn since back here) the night before and actually pressed it ; yes, that floral black shirt (circa 2003 i think) gets ridiculously crinkle-fries whenever whatever, and I'd just sewn back a missing button (circa 2010-ish I suppose from the numerous skullduggery nights that year, ah!) and basically raring to go with this new old favorite shirt that morning.
As it happened, I would go on and encounter an extremely rare traffic as I neared the church vicinity, which in itself is pretty much in the same ballpark of Stranger Things (yes the series, but not anything remote to what happened 'happened'  to me,..) as :
1) it's a Sunday morning.
2) it wasn't raining, and of any accidents
So that is weird, (that it happened that morning, not the why) as all those mornings to church I've never met with a traffic jam. In TAIPING, yo! (I mean, there are 'traffic jams' per se, nowadays, I suppose during rush hour since majority of roadworks here are predominately 2-lanes; nothing compares to KL, I suppose its much more akin to a mini jam in, say, internal part of Damansara Jaya type of jam?...I somehow miss proper city traffic jams though somehow,..)
Nevertheless, that morning somehow made me late (though I think I did alright, I was in a jovial mode happily praising and stuff, really!) as I made me way to see there ain't a single seat available in my usual mid-section and even the back; somehow I got ushered to sit at the 1st front way in front (which I never did; I'm always a 2nd or 3rd row person, in general) and since I was sitting in the front with 1 of the usher-er that somehow I would move to the middle aisle when it was the usual-greet-each-other-session....and that's when I said hello to a familiar-yet-a-face-that-you-know-you-don't-see-often-YET-you-know-you-should-know.

She must've got that same vibe as well, though it only ensnared her for a split second, as immediately I said something along the lines of 'Hi/Hello, God Bless You, I think I am suppose to know you?' I reckon she recognize my voice (?) and shrieked my name, which produced no reply but rather an exaggerated heeeeeeeyyy, OMG...hi, we talk later ok? Saved by the bell really. Sort of. She already said her name, phew! Lucky me.

So, it brings us a full circle to Jess. (of course I could not for the life of me remember her full name)
Being a pseudo-amnesiac (I don't suppose this term exists, but I really should define it as an involuntary selected memory loss?) I actually thought I knew her damn well ages ago.
But as the days went by and after a few nights out just hanging and absolutely catching up on each other's tales and fears and future and that blurry memory; it was certainly a chance meeting that we could've missed out either way; found out she was up til 5am (if I'm not mistaken) and could've just skipped church as easily as I could've just reached earlier and got a seat in my usual middle (4th row) seats and get smothered with more people surrounding me to meet & greet and don't get the opportunity to move to the other section. God had certainly made that meeting happened.

the only pic we took this time around, and with selfie noob looking anywhere but the cam, or maybe I was just sleepy?
+-*/


I suppose The Lord has a plan (of course!) and indeed I'd like to think all that happened is His way of showing me the signs.
I've had a vision in January when I was praying for the kids and youths of Taiping and with this revival of sorts in me(more on this some post later) I now have a plan to get myself ready and spark a proper 20th Anniversary (or some other name..) Reunion for those of us involved then to reach newer bloods and youths in this town.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
~ROMANS 8 : 31