Tuesday 31 October 2017

of Weeds and The Devil's Grass

And so..

Yep, I've been busy and today would've probably gone if I don't get my ass off the red ball and open this tab and just report in, eh?

This morning I was up about 7-ish and by 8:30am I found myself at Sis. Michelle's house; and spying a bit on the progress (or rather desolution) of what I finally did last Thursday squirting some carefully and expertly concocted weed-killer to umm, kill them weeds. I remember clear as day that I've been postponing it for weeks; I reckon it must've taken me a good month and a half (thanks be to our lovely Taiping RAIN) and of course, the recent heatwave that affected the country to mess up my excuses.
No way I am a constant gard'ner, amigo!
I mean, it wasn't as if I would never get around in doing it; I was just bidding my time since I was practically very busy with other things and this is technically a chore; and I am sure the great Lord impressed upon me to "Hey, promises Kevin, promises"
So anyway, back to the weeds of the house. Apparently it is either they (the weeds, not people) are tough bastards or somehow the bottle of poison just ain't poisonous enough. I mean, I took a bloody good care to sight-pour (bar terminology aka skillfully pour by sight to accuracy) and even on most occasions (mixed a total of 5 rounds, since I used a 1.5ltr PET bottle) I kinda deliberately allowed an extra 3/4 ounces more...but I suppose that bit of rain that drizzled later that afternoon nullified it?
All evidence points to what akin of me giving them weeds a fashion make-over as I saw those rascals (weeds, not people) sporting some blonde streak to their green overalls.
I shall not give much grievance to them weeds; just you wait. Hopefully not the next month or so I shall be on Round Two Operation Desert Blades.

So, anyway, back to 9am this morning, they (people, not the weeds anymore) bundled into my oddly scented and still dirty car and off we went to Aulong market, which I practically has not even seen it before in my supposed 30 year ever since moving here when I was a wee lad. It was a lengthy affair as Michelle was getting some clothes from the stalls; and by noon (finally) we swung by the church and dropped off the pastry blessing to the office and Ps. B before heading our way to town for fruits and packed meals.
Ps. B was surprised that I have been helping Michelle out for about 2 months now (give or take) and my weekly routine (minimum once a week) of picking her up for appointments, bank runs, mixed food & fruit runs, and other miscellaneous things.

With the sun running up I suppose I dropped them back at Zenith Park (awesome name for a housing area eh) and drove homeward by 2pm. Practically drained of batteries and postponed things (and thangs) pending and had a pretty good nap, thank God!


As I am doing this now.. now, what was it that I wanted to blog about ?
Sitting here on my red ball and click-clacking this trusty ol' red laptop... oh yeah! today would probably marked Week Numero 2, I suppose, of having the home internet around.
Yeesshh, I've finally succumbed to the pressure (nope, not peers) of getting a constant 'unfailing' line for me to do good works I suppose.
I mean, ever since this year, the connection thus hasn't been staggered as much as I was operating with 3 separate mobile data lines; but as I reviewed my expenditures (another set of eye-balling the figures hahah, lazydog!) I suppose I could equate it with spending the RM130 or so per month by getting the streamyx installed (boohoo, UniFi ain't here in my taman yet, if I were salty enough, I'd tell you that UniFi is available in my taman and up to my lorong as well.....just.. not my row... I mean, would you flipping believe the tough luck? thanks TM!) and my actual 'mobile' data of say RM 30...

On the other hand, the Devil did a pleasant bit of surprise too. On my last day of using the internet at my then-office aka the house across (Ma's grandson's not exactly my nephew, long story) I kinda inevitably left the switch plugged in; and to find it surged beyond repair (okay, dramatized much?) and to not mention of it; the modem and surge-protectin' extension was fried.
what are you protecting?
So I found myself depleted of 225 buckeroos (115 for the surge protector, samey brand, and 109 for the TPLink) and so, what a setback it is indeed in my desktop assembly masterplan. ( I mean, yeah, the phone upgrade plot effectively out of the window lol)

Oh well.
I am sure things will turn out alright, because I have Him. Amen!