Tuesday 10 October 2017

Heidi's birthday week / The Dark Tower with memories of her

Happy birthday Heidi. Another birthday we didn't get to celebrate for you. I couldn't remember what did I do last year, I suppose I might be watching (or kept it till then) 11.22.63 to reminisce your fond memory, then. With the heavier schedule (well, mine. and also the slew of S.King's movie /series adaptation) this year, I've been constantly reminded how great it would be to go through these favorite adaptations and general releases and of course, what the family has been going through.

And with the new seasons of the Arrowverse (and the amazing part is Harry has started Arrow all by himself this week too, will wait a bit to let him know that we watched it on your final few months) coming back this week as well; I need to get around to watch at least one of the following that I've been keeping about when I am in a proper mode (aka distractions nada mode)  
Thus far I've been keeping your much-awaited Pirates of the Caribbean 5(or 4 if you prefer to call it) and the much-surprising The Dark Tower. Well, it was fortunate of me to be blessed with a screening of IT earlier the month, and it was superb indeed and I am sure you would be happy with the new adaptation of splitting the 2 timelines apart, as I did.



I finally watched The Dark Tower, amidst the negative reviews online and various bashing and those click-baitey '10 Worst Movies of 2017' nonsense that almost always has a thumbnail of this movie.
That's why we can't have nice things, eh?

Fantastic cast for Roland (I mean, Idris Elba is a joy to watch, and never failed like EVER!) and certainly Matthew McConnaughey (bah, sorry hard to spell and can't be bothered to check) exudes the sexiness of Marten/Randall Flagg/The Man in Black(okay too many names right?), and certainly the 'extra' flashback scene of reciting the gunslingers' creed with papa gunslinger sent goosebumps to finally hear it on a beautifully sequenced movie. Oooh! (good thing the blue-lit bullets/sandalwood guns were only added to the awesome trailer, and not for the movie HA!)

As I was watching it, my mind's eye (ear) did recall and re-imagined you pausing between scenes to check or say something is missing from this adaptation as with any other in the past, and most certainly "where is Susannah & Eddie" even I do admit I felt it when I look at the screen time of hour and a half.
Nevertheless, I am sure you will enjoy it too, as we know most definitely a bullet to Walter O'Dim would only keep him/it down for a while, and I am sure (hopefully there are sequels) the ka-tet would be complete on the next few movies.

I am sure, too, that you would beam when I'd tell you there will be a TV series prologue based off our favorite Wizard & Glass with the same cast (wow) ,well, only Idris Elba haha!

Until then, I say thankya sai and Happy Birthday up there, A Chi