Sunday 8 October 2017

Chance

Away
He looked at me, troubled. But he kept his composure and smiled. Tried to, as he had tried the days before when he got over late to see me. It isn't fooling me, I know something is broken, something is broken inside him. I wish I could tell him it will all be alright. That I don't blame them, and I understand.
We went for a walk, and that was a good walk as good as all the walks we ever had. The breeze was soft as feathered throws and with it came a crisp scent of thousand blades of grass. There wasn't a hint of rush and it did seem as he lingered and waited with me being present. A long walk it was, where words does not matter, just enjoying each other's presence.
Had a simple snack and then it was time for me to go. A quick hug from them as they alternately packed my stuffs onto the car, that memory lingered on as my legs ascended the car and the smell of this clean car as I looked at them from the outside and away from their separateness.
That was the last time I saw Daddy.


Year Two. 
Fourteen doggie years thereabouts. Oh well.
I'd be lying if I'd tell you everything is fine and dandy in regards to this number of days that will only keep on increasing, I suppose I am keeping a vigil about it, about that something that was a big part of me then, and I suppose writing about it would be an escape of sorts my sense of keeping a tiny bit of that past that was real and not let it fade into a distant memory.
My little side project to fictionalize it a bit with a bit POV thrown in, it occurred to me try since last year, but as I was weaning off that bit of depression then (and my lackadaisical writing/composing habit) I suppose my purpose all along since forever was to do any writing on this year of 2017 that is a revival of sorts.
True, writing it wouldn't be much of work of fiction; since I am undoubtedly drawing from memory, but I believe with His wisdom I suppose I could weave something intermittent as I did vaguely years ago when I thought about writing anything at all.
God-willing, since I am basically pretty tied up with these few months.